Why become a Home Stager?
Imagine yourself walking into a home for sale and immediately falling in love with the look and feel of it. You stand in the kitchen and admire the well-placed cookbooks, florals, and decorative accessories while you imagine all the wonderful meals you will create for your family and guests.
You enter the master bedroom and admire the bedding and the huge his and hers closets all organized and waiting for your things.
The entire home is tastefully decorated with neutral tones and you can imagine where you would place your artwork. Before you know it, you’re calling it “your” home. Within the first 5 minutes you know “this is the ONE”!
This is all thanks for an ever-growing industry, home staging. Home staging works because it considers the wants and needs of buyers and taps into their psyche and emotions when they visit a home.
Why Home Staging Works
Savvy agents across the world have been staging homes since the beginning of the industry, however in the early days it did not include more than tidying, moving existing furniture, de-personalizing the space and giving it a good cleaning both inside and out.
Home staging has quickly become one of the most effective real estate marketing strategies in the industry and has created a brand-new career option for many individuals. Staging came to into popularity after the collapse of the housing market when it was flooded with inventory and buyers had many options to choose from. To help sellers make their listings stand out from the competition, home staging became a valuable tool. Today, the housing market is still very competitive. Homeowners see a great return on their investment in home staging, including faster home sales and higher offers and sale prices.
This just shows how important good staging is and can be in determining the amount of the offer and the final sales price. The seller wants the property to be sold. Once it’s on the market, it becomes a product that must be merchandised and showcased to compete well with other comparable properties.
If you are not yet convinced that home staging is an opportunity worth pursuing have a look at the home staging statistics based on surveys conducted by reputable real estate associations and companies.
- Almost one third (29%) of seller’s agents believe the staging increased the value of the property from 6-20%
- Over half (58%) believe it increased the value of the home from 1-20%
- Over 97% of buyer’s agents say that staging has at least some effect on the buyers view of the home
- 81% of buyers find it easier to visualize the property as their future home when the home is staged
- 25% of sellers are paying and getting their homes staged prior to listing it
- 45% of buyers say it will positively impact the value of the home if it is decorated to the buyer’s tastes
- Buyers are willing to spend 1% to 15% more of the dollar value on a staged home than a non-staged home
Once staged, homes spend an average of 73% less time on the market. The same survey by Coldwell Banker Real Estate Corp. found that staged homes sell for more than 6% above the asking price.
The proof is undeniable, home staging works and is worth every penny invested in it.
- People who want to begin slowly and on their own schedule and build a viable business
- Real Estate Agents as an add on income stream to their current business
- Property Managers and Administrators
- Rental Agents
- Interior Decorators – experienced or new graduates
- And- Anyone with a car, a flair for décor and a passion for working with people
Visit our Home Staging Business Opportunity page to learn more about the opportunity, FAQs for some of the questions we get about the Home Staging Business Opportunity, Our Blog to learn more about home staging and how to prepare homes for sale, or Contact Us to get in touch with The Staging Group.
Become a Home Stager? Learn more about the Home Staging industry and why Home Staging might be right for you.
Have questions about the TSG Home Staging Business Opportunity? Visit our FAQs page to learn more.
Visit our Home Staging Blog to learn more about Home Staging, why it is important and how it can help sell your home.
Have a question? Looking for more information, details or pricing of our services? Please contact us today.